Thursday 11 April 2013

The Vagaries of Blogging

I posted a couple of things earlier this week that seemed to me to be original, interesting, and squarely aligned with the probable readership of this blog: one on the Modality of Chant, the other on the omissions of Gospel passages from the new lectionary.

They have got just over 40 and 50 views, respectively.

I also posted a trivial post about a subject that I know and care little about, which was widely covered by practically every blog out there, and where I had nothing to say except a disclaimer, a joke and a reference to a mildly relevant book: on the late Baroness Thatcher.  It has had ten times that many hits.

So, nothing daunted, I will shortly be posting more on the Modality of Chant.

But I do wonder why the boring Thatcher post got ten times the hits of the more interesting and important Chant and Lectionary posts.

--

UPDATE

New post on the Modality of Chant is now posted.

1 comment:

Sitsio said...

Because it's topical, everyone is talking about it, and everyone is interested in your view on it!